We go shelling on Siesta Key Beach!
Victoria takes you shelling on an average day on Siesta Key Beach. Yes, the huge conch shells at 04:33 were found on Sarasota Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, Florida!
▬ Contents of this video ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
00:20 – Where to park on Siesta Key
00:28 – What does shelling on Siesta Key look like?
00:55 – How to find shells
01:05 – Olive Shell
01:20 – Spiny Jewel Box
01:50 – Murex
02:15 – Auger
02:45 – Shark’s eye and Venus Sun Ray
03:45 – Whelk and Horse Conch
04:33 – Large Live Conchs
04:55 – Q&A Shelling in Sarasota
06:15 – Small Olive Shell
06:35 – What shells we found today
07:10 – Sarasota Real Estate Market Guide
Victoria has quite a collection of shells she has accumulated over several years. So many that she often gives her finds away to beach-goers. Where does she like to shell? What time of day and conditions are best to find the most shells? She’ll answer those questions and more.
#siestakey #siestakeybeach #seashells #shelling #floridabeaches #sarasota #bradenton #annamaria #florida #victoriaranck #daveranck
▬ Tide Apps ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Android: Tide Charts – Free
iOS: My Tide Times – Tables & Chart
▬ Shelling Links ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
More about shells and shelling
Online Pictorial Guide
Florida’s Seashells: A Beachcomber’s Guide Paperback – Paperback and Kindle
Sarasota Real Estate Market Update
Stay on top of what is going on the Real estate Market in Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, Venice and the Islands.
▬ About Victoria and Dave Ranck ▬
We are Realtors in the Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch and Venice areas of sunny Florida.
► Website: https://victoriaranck.com/
► Virtual Home Tours: https://victoriaranck.com/tours
► Email us: https://victoriaranck.com/contact
▬ Excerpts from the video ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
– [Victoria] This morning, we’re going shelling on Siesta Key. Come with us. So this is what shelling looks like. It’s, it doesn’t look like a shell store that, that you just happened upon. There’ll be a lot of average shells and you have to learn to recognize the treasures among them, but you’d be amazed at what you find, so come with us today. So when you’re shelling, look for clusters of shells, and then, like in this one, this is one of my favorites. This is an olive shell.
– [Dave] So give us some tips about shelling. Like, is there a good time of day, a perfect time of day to go shelling?
– [Victoria] Actually, always low tide is a wonderful time. It’s always the best time to go shelling, favorite time. Low tide after a storm is wonderful, so you can get these nice little tide apps on your phone that will let you know day to day when the lowest tide is and you’ll also know the weather, so you can really put together some great shelling times.
– [Dave] Well, we’re here early in the morning. Is morning better than evening?
– [Victoria] Not necessarily, no. It’s really not about morning or evening, but actually, evening is after everyone else has picked them over all day long, so first thing in the morning, my favorite is low tide right at dawn, ’cause then you got the best shot at getting out there and getting the best shells before everyone else does, so, yeah.
– Okay, what about beaches? Is this, we’re at Siesta Key.
– [Dave] Is this your favorite beach in, we got like seven beaches, so.
– [Victoria] Yeah, we do. Actually, for shelling, it’s my favorite beach. Because really, on Siesta Key, a bad day of shelling is a good day anywhere else. It’s really amazing here. Another.